Monday, February 10, 2014

January 2014
Welcome to "More than Just Fishing". I have always enjoyed writing and I think I will enjoy writing about something other than leather production and performance variances. Many of you know my passion for fishing and traveling. Recently, while heading out to sea for a day of fishing, I was contemplating the beauty of all that was around me. It was a Sunday morning. The sun was just peaking over the mountains of Puerto Vallarta. Humpback whales were breaching all around our boat. My son Steve was on the bridge with the Captain and I was helping the mate prepare the lines for fishing. A perfect moment in time. I am blessed to say there have been other such perfect moments. Sitting in a big leather easy chair sipping 20 year old Brandy at the distillery with my son Peter in Stellenbosch, South Africa. Touring my son Christopher's business and seeing and hearing his excitement over launching Off the Charts Video Games.

Moments such as these serve as the "Super Glue" that hold together the patchwork of experiences that are my life, and what is a life if it is not shared? This blog is my sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment